Miyerkules, Disyembre 25, 2013

Going Global Through English

All my life I have heard the words, "English is the universal language." It is a given fact. Because of theses words, my parents made sure that I learned to speak the English language fluently. They sent me to school with the expectations of me speaking the said language. True enough, I did learn to speak English well enough to have a conversation. The thing is, I didn't learn to converse in English at school, I learned it from endless watching of foreign TV shows (mostly Disney Channel).
When I got to use my "skills" in le English language, I impressed the shoes out of my tito's and tita's feet. They're in America and whenever we called them, I would take the telephone and speak to them in my trying-hard-English-accent. I would even talk to random tourist in English, and they would smile at me. Silly, I know. A few of them thought I was adorable (not to brag or anything). I felt like I was on top of the world.
My point is, it is easier for you to conquer the world if they are to understand you. One must converse in a language understood by people to be heard. Communication is such an important factor in a person's social responsibility.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento